Second Opinion

September 25, 2006

Welcome back Canada!

I'm Rick McCaw the teacher down here in Texas that keeps putting questions up for my students and any one else to post an opinion on.

Just wanted you guys up there to know that I appreciate you looking at Second Opinion and posting what you have to say. Last year we had a small feud going on. Quite often the opinions were attacking the messenger instead of recognizing that differences of opinion does exist. Especially from another country. Nasya you are definitely welcome to post your difference of opinions.

My students have not started posting yet. We've started out the year writing (keeping) a journal with all these questions and their responses. On Friday we have "Open Forum" where we debate these topics. In another week or so I will turn them loose to post their opinions.

Like Naysa now in the 9th grade some of my last year students continue to post opinions. Like Resas-Pieces.

After you type a response to the question select "other". Then type in a username, then publish.

Have a good year and keep in touch.

5 Comments:

  • The debates look like they are heating up already on this site. I want to emphsize to the students who come here that this space is for debate and discussions, not for name calling and criticism of the person posting. Think about the ideas being presented before posting. I am definitely pleased that some of the students from my class last year, who are in grade nine now are returing to write and think. It is also good that new students from my class are dropping in here. I look forward to interesting thoughts and want to thank you for making this space available for all of us to use.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, September 25, 2006 6:53:00 PM  

  • Yea. The debate things were fun but sometimes boring. They were fun though and can really help out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, September 26, 2006 1:26:00 PM  

  • I want to say hey to all the people in Canada. I don't know you in person, just by your opinions, but that is how you make friends, having things in common with other people and getting to know them better. I think y'all are really cool and I'm glad your interested in posting on our site and sharing your opinions with us and letting us do the same with you. <3 you bunches!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, September 27, 2006 8:04:00 AM  

  • My middle school students have started to work on our classroom blog. If you would like to have our students comment on each other's accounts that would be great.

    By Blogger Diane P, at Thursday, September 28, 2006 9:21:00 AM  

  • You should start this back up.

    By Blogger That guy., at Sunday, December 15, 2013 8:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home